All of our bags come with a warranty. We stand by the quality and craftsmanship of our products and are committed to ensuring our customers are satisfied with their purchases.
OVERVIEW OF WARRANTY:
We offer a warranty on our products against possible defects in materials and workmanship. All our products are rigorously tested to ensure that they meet stringent standards. Therefore, if a problem occurs with a Totem or Savvy product (the "Product") and if the problem is caused by manufacturing defects in material or workmanship, we will, in our discretion, either repair, replace or exchange the Product in accordance with the warranty terms and conditions.
A Manufacturing Defect is defined as an imperfection in manufacturing or any characteristic making a product less satisfactory than reasonably expected.
The warranty is limited to the value of the Product subject to the conditions below:
1. Warranty Activation: To activate the warranty, register the product on the Totem website - https://totembags.co.za/pages/guarantee. The warranty starts on the purchase date.
2. Exclusions: Issues such as normal wear and tear, misuse, lack of product care or unauthorized repairs.
3. Standard Warranty Duration (First six months): Applies to both Totem and Savvy:
a. In the event of a manufacturing defect, you may then elect us to repair, replace (where possible), or refund the full price paid for the defective Product.
b. This warranty does not apply to damage to the Product due to normal wear and tear such as rips, tears, abrasion or UV degradation, misuse or neglect.
4. Extended Warranty Duration: Totem vs Savvy
a. The warranty (covering either a one (1) period for Savvy or two/three (2 or 3) year period for Totem, is indicated on the hangtag of the Product.
Please note that the extended warranty period is calculated by deducting the standard warranty duration (6 months) from the total warranty duration (either 1, 2 or 3 years) as indicated on the hangtag of the Product.
a. What is covered by the extended warranty:
- The warranty offered only covers manufacturing defects. Defective items may be repaired, replaced, or exchanged at our discretion.
- It covers: Zippers, buckles, seams such as torn seams or fabric cut too short, construction, feet, lining, straps pulling out.
b. What isn’t covered by the extended warranty:
- Misuse such as transporting unusual objects, front fabric worn from placing the Product on its front instead of standing it on its firm base, damaged webbing due to straps running along the floor instead of tucking the straps away when not in use, fabric torn from sharp objects, broken handle due to strong force, telescope handle stuck due to dented pipe which originated from force, strong force from above such as sitting on the bag.
- Negligence, accidental damage, intentional damage, self-repairs or damages from unauthorized repairs.
- Regular wear and tear such as rips, tears, abrasion mainly from not standing the bag on its firm base, UV degradation, scratches or stains, worn wheels, worn feet.
- Damage sustained during travel.
- Improper care such as washing incorrectly, exposure to extremely high or low temperatures, solvents, acids.
5. Voiding the Warranty: While non-warranty maintenance or repairs on your Product can be performed elsewhere, we require that you contact our customer support for any warranty repairs. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repairs will void this warranty.
6. Warranty Claim Procedure: You will be required to send a copy of your original proof of purchase, as well as the completed repair document via a customer support ticket. Our customer service center will determine whether the problem is covered by our warranty or not. See the link to contact our customer service team: https://support.totembags.co.za/hc/en-us/requests/new.
7. Claim Responses: Most warranty claims are processed within 10 business days, though this might extend during peak periods.
8. Repair Process: Any repair or replacement, covered by our warranty, will be at our expense, including any costs required to return the repaired or replacement Product back to you. If the Product needs replacing but is no longer available, we will substitute your original Product for a comparable Product.
Note: This is a summarized version of the warranty policy, capturing the key points. For a detailed understanding of what our warranty entails, including any exclusions or conditions, we highly recommend referring to our General Terms and Conditions - https://totembags.co.za/pages/terms-conditions.
Alternatively, please reach out to our customer service team if you wish to clarify any aspect of our warranty policy - https://support.totembags.co.za/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Your peace of mind is important to us, and we always recommend our customers to review these terms to have a clear insight into what is covered and what isn't covered.